Coconut Cranberry Chocolate Protein Bites
This amazing treat comes from Kate at Ippon Gym in the UK. Sinfully good!
- 1/2 cup of Q5 Combat vanilla whey
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour (could use ground almonds too)
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (preferably organic from a can)
- 2 teaspoons of almond butter
- Big handful of cranberries
- 50g organic dark choco (try and use over 80% or above)
Step 1: Mix the above minus the chocolate, use your hands to make balls of the batter then flatten them out onto a tray. It should be pretty compact. If it's sticky or wet just add a bit more coconut flour to it.
Step 2: Next melt your chocolate in a bain marie (a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water). Melt 50g of dark chocolate.
Step 3: Feel free to eat some of the batter at this stage! When the chocolate has melted, dunk your bars in there to coat them.
Step 4: When coated, transfer them to the fridge - depending on how soon you can resist munching one!
Step 5: Ta daaaaa...! Enjoy the perfect high protein fix post training :)